CHARIS CIRCLE IS YOU!
Charis Circle is the 501c3 non-profit programming arm of Charis Books and More, the nation’s oldest independent feminist bookstore, and it is your gathering ground for community arts and collaborative justice.
Thank you to the hundreds who have already pledged their support in denominations large and small. Will you help fund the feminist future today?
When you make your tax-deductible donation to Charis Circle before December 31st, you join the community of feminists located across the southeast and around the world who believe in the necessity of cultural gathering grounds and who pledge to protect and nurture the space that has nurtured them for the last 38 years.
Today you have more options than ever for how you get your information. You may not even read traditional books anymore. We understand that culture is shifting, and whether you are excited about those changes or scared about them, they are certainly happening.
In Charis’ 38 years we have witnessed one truth bear out time and time again: when people come together in a room to tell stories radical transformation can occur. That’s it. Stories change lives. Words can be weapons or they can be balm. Charis Circle is yours because it is woven from your stories, from all the lives that have intersected within these walls during our 38 year history. No matter how many new ways we innovate to communicate with each other, we must not lose the places we have counted on to protect and nurture our stories and our truths.
I ask you today to nurture Charis as it has nurtured you. No amount is too small if it is meaningful and generous to you.
Thank you for making Charis what it is for me, my home away from home, the most interesting part of my world, and a living reminder of the revolutionary power of words and voices.
Charis Circle Executive Director
- New writers finding their voices and places on the shelves.
- Young feminists articulating their visions for the future.
- Coalitions of community organizations strategizing and problem solving in shared space.
- Your favorite authors reading close to home.
- Individuals making healthy, empowered choices about their bodies, their families, and their neighborhoods because they have real information.
- Children listening to stories that help them be whole.
- New partnerships, ideas, collaborations, innovations, and organizations.